The Harrisonville Area Chamber of Commerce is proud to be located on the historic Harrisonville Square at 106 South Independence Street.
Monday – Thursday
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Harrisonville Area Chamber of Commerce strives to be a valued partner and advocate for its members.
Our organizational values include:
- Encouraging sustainable and desirable economic growth
- Supporting our members and partnering with local governments to strengthen the local economy
- Promoting productive community, member and business relationships
The Board of Directors is charged with making policy, budget and organizational decisions.
The Board is comprised of Chamber Members who are elected and volunteer to serve.
2018 Board of Directors:
- Kevin Wood, Waddell & Reed (President)
- Doug Meyer (Past President)
- Cheryl Bush, Crown Realty (President Elect)
- Brandi Torres, Community Bank
- Luke Shrout, Commerce Bank
- Andrea Murphy, Serenity Care Hospice
- Karen Allen, Cass County Public Library
- Scott Beck, Beck Event Space
- Joe Fester, Crown Realty
- Monty Kisner, Cass County Commissioner
- Happy Welch, City of Harrisonville
Bing Schimmelpfenning, Executive Director
Bing is a familiar face around the Chamber of Commerce as he served as an hononary Board member prior to becoming Executive Director in August 2018. He serves on the Harrisonville School Board and is a Trustee of the Harrisonville Public Schools Foundation. Bing is President of the Cass County Coalition of Chambers of Commerce and is active in the local Rotary and Optimist Clubs. During his almost 20 years in Retail Banking Management, he has served as Chairperson to numerous charitable organizations, including Susan G. Komen, United Way, Habitat for Humanity, Harversters Food Bank and March for Babies.
Mindy Sidwell, Membership Director
Mindy is no stranger to event planning and coordination! Prior to joining the Chamber as Membership Director she’s been involved with numerous area events. She also brings a strong accounting background with her to her role as well as a passion for the Chamber’s mission.
Obie Carl, Chief Executive Officer
It is almost guaranteed that you’ve seen Obie around town! Whether it was at a Chamber event, one of the other many community activities he’s taken part in or down at the Splash and Dash Dog Wash. Obie has a real love for Harrisonville, its citizens and the role of the Chamber in the community.
The Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors perform a wide range of duties including ribbon cutting and ground-breaking ceremonies, serving as hosts and hostesses at Chamber events and visiting local businesses.
- Cindy Greenwell, American Heritage Realtors
- Judy Franklin, Franklin & Co.
- John Foster, Southland Storage
- Jean Snider
- Gabe Sweitzer, Sherwood Community Bank
- Obie Carl, Splash n Dash Dog Wash
- Cricket Kroenke, Catering by Cricket
- Gina Smith
- Aaron Rains, Commerce Bank
- Doug Meyer
- Lori Watson, Edward Jones
- Brittney Sexton, Cass Regional Medical Center